Jan 24, 2010

another simple riddle.


O
nce upon a time, there was a Prince. He was so loved by a Princess, she really gave him her all, and so did the Prince... They loved each other. The Prince thought that the Princess was the one for him, and she also would never loved anyone like she loved him.

Then one day, the Prince was walking in the forest, when he met a Witch who was making a potion. He approached the Witch to ask for some water for him to drink for he was so thirsty.

"O Witch, would you be so kind to give this thirsty man some of your potion to drink?" asked the Prince.

"No, Prince, no. I'll make you another one, but not this one, no," said the Witch. "Just wait for me making a new one for you."

The Prince cannot wait so he said "It's okay, this one looks fine". He grabbed a goblet near the cauldron, dipped it in the potion, and he drank it.

"Don't drink it, Prince! I still have no idea what that is!" the Witch shouted.

But it was too late, he had already finished drinking that potion...

••• ••• •••

When the Prince went back to the castle, the Princess approached him. She saw him just sitting on the stairs, and she called him. The Prince turned around, and she saw him smiling like never before. The Princess was very happy, looking at his smile.

She smiled back at him, and asked him "What happened to you, Prince? You looked so happy today. I never seen you smile like just now." She was blushing.

"I.. I never felt like this," answered the Prince, still putting a smile, bigger smile on his face.

"Yes, I, too, never seen you this happy. Are you smiling.. because of me?" asked the Princess.

"I think, I've fallen in love.."

The Princess was so happy hearing him say that, "Oh, have you, Prince? And with whom that might be?"

The Prince looked at the sky, happiness in his eyes, and he answered, "With the Witch.."

••• ••• •••

The Princess was broken into thousand pieces. She forced him to tell her exactly what happened. After finished telling the story, the Princess believed that the Witch had tricked Prince to drink that Love Potion. She hated that Witch so much for she had taken the one she loved.

Prince said that he had to leave, he had to be with the Witch. The Princess begged him to stay but Prince just went on his horse, and ride so fast that the Princess couldn't catch him. She dropped to the ground, covered in tears..

Years passed by and still, the Princess loved the Prince so much. She never forget him and did anything she could, anyway she could think of to find the whereabout of the Prince. She never gave up on him, believed that despite of the potion, he was still in love with her. The Princess still waited for him, she didn't care about any other one because she still had faith with the Prince.

Then one day, the Prince came back.

With the Witch..

Princess was soooo furious, she shouted at the Witch, asking her why she did this to her. She cried, and she cried, and she kept shouting. The Prince calmed her down, telling her that there's a reason for this. Then the Witch started to explain..

••• ••• •••

That day in the forest when they met, the Witch had no idea what that potion is. But when the Prince had come back to the Witch's place, then she knew that that was a Love Potion. The Witch had asked him to leave, asked him to go back to his real life, but the Prince, who was still under the spell, had insisted to stay with her no matter what.

All this time, the Witch had tried to make an antidote for that potion, to go back on the spell. While she was trying, the Prince was so kind to her, he was so in love and put so much attention to her. The Witch was tired of making the Prince go away, so she let him stay. And well, she started to fall in love with him, too.. But deep down she knew, it's just the potion, not the heart..

Then, finally, the Witch was able to find the cure of that potion. Unwillingly, she forced the Prince to drink that antidote because she didn't want him to be forever under the spell.

"Why are you forcing me to drink that filthy thing??" asked the Prince.

"Because this is what you want, believe me!"

"No, YOU are what I want! Don't you want me to stay?"

"I do, I do, but please, this will make you free..." begged the Witch.

"But I am free.."

"If you really love me, then please help me, drink this..."

"You still think I'm under the spell? I don't! I love you!"

"Yes, I still think you are! If you are not, then drinking this won't hurt at all, right? So, please Prince.. Don't give us a hard time..." and the Witch started to cry, tears fell down on her cheek. It hurts her more than anything in the world.

The Prince looked deep into her eyes, and he finally agreed to drink the antidote. He blinked his eyes.

••• ••• •••

"That's the story," ended the Witch. "I do apologize for keeping him. But now, he is yours again. Please keep him safe.."

The Princess hugged the Prince. She wouldn't look into the Witch, she still hated her so much. Then the Witch just walked away, into the forest, and that was the last time they saw her.

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you? How do you feel?" the Princess was asking questions to make sure that he was okay. But the Prince just stared at the forest, his eyes were blank. "Why didn't you say anything, Prince? Are you still under her spell??" she asked furiously.

"No, I don't," answered the Prince. "I don't... The spell wore off back that earlier months. I don't know why I stayed even after I realize I was not under the spell, but later I stayed with her because I... Because I don't want to leave her..."

The Princess was once again so broken, she felt that everything she's done was so pointless. "So... All this time, it wasn't the spell?"

"No... And I leave her, because she wanted me to. She didn't believe me..." And a tear fell down on his cheek.

••• ••• •••

Yes, the Prince had come back. The Princess finally got him back. But she had lost his heart... All she had now, is hatred towards the Witch.




Pelajaran moral:
Penjahatnya adalah si Penyihir. Korbannya adalah Putri.

"Yes, the Witch IS always the b**ch... How dare you hurt the Prince AND the Princess?? Screw you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment